If you can roast sweet potatoes then you will have no problem making this recipe. If you don’t know how to roast sweet potatoes, then you are in luck, because it is incredibly easy.
The trick to getting a good, even roast on all your sweet potatoes is dicing them all roughly the same size. Toss the diced sweet potatoes in olive oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Then, bake them! Done!
If you can keep yourself from eating all the sweet potatoes straight from the oven, then you can make this sweet potato salad :) Just whisk together all the dressing ingredients and toss over the sweet potatoes. Adjust the salt and pepper to your liking. I prefer eating this salad cold just for convenience purposes but it also tastes delicious warm. Totally up to you!
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 to 1½ inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ of a teaspoon each of Paprika, Oregano and Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 Shallot (diced)
- 2 Scallions/Spring Onions (ends removed and diced)
- small bunch of Chives (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 390F (200C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potato chunks with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and optional spices. Spread on lined baking sheet and bake in oven for 25-35 minutes until roasted.
- Remove sweet potatoes from oven and cool at room temperature.
- Meanwhile, prepare dressing by mixing shallots, scallions, chives, vinegar, olive oil, and maple syrup.
- Toss sweet potatoes with dressing, garnish with chives and serve. I suggest refrigerating salad for an hour before serving to allow for all the flavor to seep into the potatoes. Enjoy!
Looking for more sweet potato recipes? Try these: