Want to become a food blogger or expand your food blog? Well have I got something great for you!
Here is a list I have compiled of food blogging links with many tips and tricks to get you started or improve a food blog. Many of these articles have been very helpful for me and I thought it would be great to have all these food blog tips in one place. When I was a blogging newbie I spent countless hours googling blog tips. I’m sparing you all these hours with this list :) Enjoy!
These aren’t necessarily just for food blogging though. I’m sure many of these can help improve any type of blog as well.
Start here to learn how to create a Food blog – Vegan Family Recipe’s 3 step guide to starting your own food blog!
- What you should know BEFORE starting a food blog by WP Ultimate Recipe
- Food Blogging for Dummies from Amazon (Paperback or Ebook) – Easy to follow and great simple guide to getting started
- 8 things they don’t tell you when you start a food blog by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- 10 Ways to write an engaging blog post by Bloggingtips.com
- Foodblogging- Do’s and Don’ts by Delicious Days
- How to write a recipe by BBC GoodFood
- Recipe writing cheat sheet by Justcook NYC
- Writing a great recipe post by Everything Typepad
- WordPress SEO by Sparring Mind -> Easily explained starter guide to WordPress SEO
- SEO best practice tips for WordPress by Econsultancy
- WordPress SEO for food bloggers by Whole Grain Digital – a great pdf with help specifically for food bloggers
- Keyword Research for Food Bloggers by Traffood – An extensive and very useful step by step guide to keyword research.
- Redirecting Blogger Mobile URL via Bleeping Tech -> Simple guide to easily redirecting html?m=1 url’s to correct wordpress post
- Blogger to WordPress migration service by Northern Belle Diaries – If everything else fails, then use her services. They are the cheapest and best I have come across.
- Adsense tips for maximizing revenue by Web Dev Door
- How to make money blogging with different types of blogs by EarnMoneyOnline
- 12 ways to monetize your food blog by PaleoGrubs
- Basic food photography kit by Digital Photography School
- Artificial lighting tips for food photography by Pinch of Yum
- Food photography: From snapshots to great shots by Nicole Young – Hubbs gave me this book as a gift a while back and it is still a major source that I keep go back to.
- Tips for winter food blog photography by Eyes Bigger Than My Stomach
- Basic food photography lighting and styling by Photoshelter
- Understanding lighting for food photography by Your Kitchen Camera
- Food Styling Tips for Food Bloggers by Simply Delicious
- 25 things that make you look dumb on Pinterest by Constant Contact
- 5 ways to get more repins on Pinterest by Food Bloggers of Canada
- How to use Pinterest if you are a blogger by Fabulous Blogging
- 9 ways to use Pinterest to drive traffic to your blog by Wishpond
- Using Pinterest to drive traffic to your food blog by Better With Butter
- Description secrets of Pin-It buttons revealed by Oh So Pintersting
- How to create a facebook fan page for your blog by NutsandBolts Media
- 25 things that make you look dumb on Facebook by Constant Contact
- 21 ways to create amazing facebook post by Wishpond – Fun and interesting ways to grab readers attention.
- How to get started on Twitter by Food Blog Alliance
- 7 ways to promote your blog with Twitter by Twitter Tools Book
- Promoting your blog with Twitter by Pushing Social
- 25 things that make you look dumb on Twitter by Constant Contact
- Food bloggers guide to Google+ by Eat the Love – this is one of the best and extensive guides I have come across
- How not to use Google + by Wishpond
- Hack Google Plus for SEO Value by Hubspot
- How to use Google+ effectively by Seaman Mom
Email Subscription and RSS feeds
- Maximize your Feedburner settings by John.Do – This is the best step by step guide for Feedburner I have come across. Very thorough!
- Moving from Feedburner to MailChimp by CascadeValleyDesigns
- The definite guide to copyrighting recipes by Ancestral Chef – This is by far the most detailed post I have found on this subject. Very informative and definitely worth a look.
- What to do when your content is lifted by Food Blog Alliance