What I love about this mango bean salsa recipe is that it takes 5 minutes to make and tastes and looks like it took much longer. Just looking at the beautiful colors makes me think happy thoughts :)
I make this whenever I don't know what else to make. I usually eat this with homemade tortilla chips, as a salad or as a wrap filling. As with most things, the simpler the better. This recipe really showcases that. The beans keep you feeling full and it is light enough that you won't have to crawl to the couch after eating this. The great thing about this salsa/salad is that the mango is just sweet enough to curb any dessert craving I might have had.
So how do you dice a mango? The easiest way is to cut off the sides as shown below.
Then using a sharp knife, cut several vertical lines into the mango flesh and then horizontal ones. Make sure you don't cut too deep. You don't want to cut through the skin. Then push the skin upwards and cut off the little cubes.
Then combine it with the other salsa ingredients and you're done!
Fast Mango Bean Salsa
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 1 Mango diced
- 8 small Truss Tomatoes cut into eights
- ½ small Red Onion finely diced
- ⅓ cup Kidney Beans
- small handful of Cilantro chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Dice mango, tomatoes and onion.
Combine all ingredients and serve!
What makes it so good?
- is naturally low in calories. One cup of Mangos contains just 100 calories.
- is fat free, cholesterol free, and sodium free.
- is a true superfood which contains more than 20 different types of minerals and vitamins.
- a great source of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Copper and Vitamin K.
- is loaded with many antioxidants like fisetin, gallic acid, quercetin, astragalin and more. Theses help protect your body against many types of cancer such as colon, leukemia and breast cancer.
- is believed to be an aphrodisiac and who wants to say no to that? :)
- contains glutamine acid, an important protein, that can help with concentration and memory retention.
Leave a Reply