How crazy is it that it’s already the middle of July? My youngest just turned two over the weekend and I had family visiting. Needless to say I haven’t been getting anything done.
This strawberry ice cream cake is something I actually made a while back and wanted to post for 4th of July. Oops!
After making the super simple Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream I knew that I could use that basic ice cream recipe in so many other recipes. I could have made this a raspberry ice cream cake but I love that you can make it with nearly any frozen fruit. So strawberries it was!
The crazy part of this recipe is that you only 4 different ingredients.
Almonds – Dates – Coconut Cream – Strawberries
Ok well almost. You just need to split the ingredients into 3 different steps.
Crust – Ice Cream Filling – Topping
The crust is a simple 2 ingredient on with almonds and dates. Just pulse it together until it’s nice and sticky.
Press that into your springform.
Then make your instant strawberry ice cream and make sure you don’t eat it all immediately. My strawberries were sweet enough but if yours aren’t then you can add a bit of a liquid sweetener (i.e. maple syrup). Spread it over the crust, place a piece of parchment paper over it and freeze it.
Once your cake is frozen. You’ll want to make your strawberry topping. Pulse fresh strawberries with a date and spread it over the top.
Then you’re nearly done! Just add some more fresh strawberries for a garnish :)
Wait…I feel like I’m completely forgetting something…
Oh! Right! Eat it!
So good :)
Strawberry Ice Cream Cake
An incredibly easy raw vegan ice cream cake recipe that can easily be made with any fruit available.
- 1 and 3/4 of a cup (250g) raw whole Almonds
- 4 Medjool Dates
Strawberry Ice Cream Filling
- 1 cup Coconut Cream from a can ofcoconut milk
- 2 cups (roughly 25) frozen whole Strawberries
- up to 1/3 of a cup Coconut Water from the can of coconut milk
- 1 Medjool Date
- 6-8 fresh Strawberries
- 12 or more fresh Strawberries (halved) for garnish
- Place a 7 inch (18cm) Springform on a sheet of parchment paper. Trace a circle around it and cut it out. Place the parchment paper circle and springform aside.
- Prepare crust by pulsing dates and almonds in a food processor until a sticky mass forms. Press this into the base of the springform.
- Clean out food processor and add coconut cream and frozen strawberries. Pulse until smooth. Add up to 1(3 of a cup coconut water if food processor is having difficulties. Taste filling and add a sweetener of choice (I prefer maple syrup) if it is not sweet enough to your liking. This all depends on the sweetness of the strawberries to begin with. Spread the strawberry ice cream filling over the crust in the spring form, and place prepared parchment paper circle on the top. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Once the strawberry ice is frozen remove the parchment paper and prepare the strawberry topping by pulsing 1 date with 6 strawberries in a food processor. If the strawberries are very small add 2 more. Spread strawberry-date topping over the ice cream layer.
- Garnish with 12 small strawberries or more if desired.
- Serve cold and slightly thawed. Cake will keep in freezer for up to two weeks.
1) If your dates are very dry add up to 1 tablespoon of water to help the crust become sticky.2) The strawberry ice cream cake tastes best when made and eaten on the same day. Try not to thaw and refreeze too many times. Each time the cake is frozen and thawed the ice cream layer will get more icy and hard. If you won't be serving very many people it's best to cut the recipe in half and use a smaller springform.3) If you have a nut allergy, you can use sunflower seeds in place of the almonds for the crust.4.) Follow these steps to get coconut cream and coconut water from a can of coconut milk. Place your can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Carefully open the can and you will notice that the coconut milk will have separated into a white clear liquid (coconut water) and a thick white cream (coconut cream).
Courses Dessert, Vegan, Gluten-free, Paleo
Seem like too much work for you? Then just make my Raspberry Coconut Ice Cream :) No waiting! It’s seriously done instantly!
Otherwise, try my Mini Strawberry Coconut Tarts :)