One of the best part of summer are the fresh berries. Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, cherries and blueberries are just some of the many berries in season right now. So how can you possibly choose which ones to eat? How about all of them? I usually like to eat berries raw, in a dessert or as a fruit salad.
Another way to use berries is to make sauces or salad dressings. This blueberry salad dressing recipe is insanely easy to make with only 4 ingredients. I’ve seen too many unnecessarily complicated salad dressings lately and I don’t think it needs to be like that. When I eat a salad then it’s usually also partly because I’m in a time crunch. So it’s not a good time to have to find 10 different ingredients and it’s even worse if I don’t have them on hand. There is no way I’m going to go to the store just to buy macademia oil for your salad dressing. Sorry!
This salad recipe is really simplicity at its best. Healthy mixed greens topped with fresh radishes and sliced almonds. Yum! Add this easy blueberry salad dressing on top and you have yourself one delicious summer salad.
Blueberry Salad Dressing over Almond Radish Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh Blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups Mixed Greens
- 4 Radishes sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced Almonds
- Place blueberries, lemon juice, oil, and vinegar in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Wash lettuce and radishes. Slice radishes.
- Divide lettuce, radishes and almonds between two plates and top with blueberry salad dressing.
1) Salad dressing will keep in fridge for up to 4 days. 2) Depending on how cold you fridge is, the dressing might thicken up a bit. Just stir it again and add 1/2 teaspoon of water if necessary.