Hummus is one thing that I eat consistently. Rarely do I not have a bowl of fresh, homemade hummus in my fridge. Sure, hummus is great as a dip or for wraps but it also works perfectly on salads.
This Mexican Hummus Salad is not just an awesome, fast lunch but also supplies your body with a great deal of much needed vegan protein. I actually make a hummus salad several times a week and mainly just because it’s really quick to make and I know my boys will love it.
Then load up the salad with as many veggies you like…or whatever you still have left in your fridge. Don’t forget to add a big dallop of hummus in the middle and drizzle with a little bit of lime juice for some extra zest.
If you want to make an oil-free salad then this a great way to go! Just simple omit the olive oil in your hummus recipe. Most of the time it won’t affect the flavor and can easily be substituted with water. The avocado hummus is actually already oil free :)
Mexican Hummus Salad
- 2 cups Mixed Greens washed and dried
- 4 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/4 of a cup Cilantro Lime Hummus alternatively Avocado Hummus
- 1/4 of a cup Kidney Beans soaked and cooked, or rinsed and drained from a can
- 1/4 of a cup diced Orange Bell Peppers can be red or yellow as well
- 1/4 of a cup Sweet Corn
- 1/2 of a Avocado sliced
- Cilantro optional
- 1/4 of a teaspoon fresh Cracked Pepper optional
- 1 teaspoon fresh Lime Juice optional
- Place mixed greens in a large salad bowl and top with remaining ingredients. Add cilantro, pepper and drizzle with lime juice if desired.
- Eat immediately or store in an air tight container in the fridge and eat within 24 hours.