It’s finally summer which means it’s time for summer pasta salads. I’ve seen too many mayonnaise-based pasta salads at potlucks, picnics and BBQ’s. Let’s be real, I don’t want to eat something that will sit heavily in my stomach nor do I want any mayonnaise (also for obviously vegan reasons) that has been sitting in the hot sun all day. Summer should be all about light and healthy pasta salads. A pasta salad that is easy and quick to make since I don’t feel like spending hot summer days in the kitchen. I want to be outside enjoying the nice weather while eating some good food. Who is with me?
Summer Pasta Salad
- 500 g or 4 cups Whole Wheat Penne can be substituted with any other kind of pasta
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 6 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Bell Peppers Red, Yellow,Orange - diced
- 1 Red Onion diced
- 15 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup Chives chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions on packaging. Drain pasta and add olive oil. Allow pasta to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice bell peppers and onion, halve tomatoes, and chop herbs.
- Once pasta as cooled add vegetables, herbs, vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and Enjoy!
1)Pasta will keep well in refrigerator, in airtight container or covered with plastic wrap, for up to 4 days.2) I recommend using whole wheat, spelt, or quinoa pasta to give this salad the additional healthy boost it deserves :)