First off, Happy New Year!
Vegetable and Garlic Stuffed Mushrooms
- 15 Mushrooms Cremini (brown or white) - cleaned, steam removed and hollowed out
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Shallot finely diced
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- small bunch of Chives diced
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley leaves for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 480F (250C).
- Clean mushroom and remove stems. Hollow out the mushroom a bit further with a small spoon and place mushrooms in a large baking dish.
- Finely dice parts of the mushroom that were removed and place in a small mixing bowl. Add crushed garlic, shallot, chives, bell pepper, 1 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper to mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon.
- Fill mixture into mushrooms using a spoon and push down with your fingers to ensure they are stuffed to their limit.
- Drizzle mushrooms with a bit of olive oil.
- Cover baking dish with foil or lid and bake for 15-20 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Garnish with parsley leaves and serve hot.
Check out these Mexican Stuffed Mushrooms as well!