Time to use up the last summer strawberries. The easiest way would be to just eat them as is but why not make these stunning and creamy mini vegan strawberry cheesecakes instead? It is very similar to my Blueberry Lime Cheesecake and also only has 8 ingredients. These coconut strawberry tarts are much smaller than the other cheesecakes or pies I have previously made, making them perfect to eat alone or share (only if you really have to). I didn’t :D
For this recipe I decided to incorporate some fresh mint in the filling. I really was quite uncertain if mint and strawberries would even pair well together. However, I came across this super simple Strawberry Mint Salad and figured if they can taste that well together in a 3 ingredients salad then it must work really well in a dessert. So guess what? Strawberries and mint are incredibly delicious and refreshing together! Tell me if I’m completely late to this party. I might be but who cares? I’m still loving the flavors in this vegan strawberry cheesecake :)
Like my other vegan and gluten free cheesecakes and pies the crust consists of nothing else but dates, nuts, and a pinch of salt.
Blend the remaining ingredients, and pour it into your mini tart pans and wait….wait…wait…until…wait….until the filling is nice and firm. Then eat!
I got these amazing mini tart forms where the base is removable making it really easy to just push the finished vegan cheesecake out of the form. Absolutely genius! However, if you don’t have nifty tart forms like these and can’t seem to manage to get them out of your tart pan then that is completely fine. It won’t affect the taste. If you’re by yourself enjoying one of these mini strawberry cheesecakes then why bother removing it from the pan at all? I wouldn’t.
Mini Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake
- Grease and flour two 4.75 inch (12.5 cm) tartlet forms.
- Prepare crust by placing dates, walnuts, and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Pulse until a sticky mass forms. Press into bottom of prepared tartlet pans. Place tartlet pans in freezer while you prepare the filling,
- Clean food processor and prepare filling by pulsing strawberries, cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, mint, and lemon juice in food processor until smooth.
- Pour filling into mini tart pans.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until filling is firm.
- Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan and garnish with fresh mint leaves and strawberries (optional).
1) Cashews can be soaked for 15min to up to 4hrs for an extra smooth filling. 2) Crust can also be made with other types of nuts. Hazelnuts, almonds, and macadamia work well. 3) Grease and flour tart pan to easily remove vegan strawberry cheesecakes from the form. I used coconut oil and buckwheat flour to keep it gluten free. Other flours and fats/oils will work just as well.4) Coconut Cream can be bought by itself but the easiest way to obtain it is by placing a can of coconut milk into the fridge. Wait at least a few hours then carefully open the can and scoop the hard white stuff on top out. 5) Tarts can also be placed in freezer to quickly firm up filling. Allow adequate time for tarts to defrost before eating.6) Strawberry cheesecakes will keep in fridge for up to 4 days or in freezer for several months!
Need some help finding the ingredients or items I used? These are the ones I like: