Making a vegan cottage cheese has never been easier. A quick, vegan cheese recipe that takes less than 10 minutes to make!
This vegan cottage cheese only takes a few minutes. I do have to add though that this by now means will fool someone into thinking that they are actually eating cottage cheese. The same way that vegan cheesecakes don’t taste exactly like a cheesecake made with dairy. That doesn’t imply that it doesn’t taste good, it does, but in it’s own unique vegan way.
Vegan cottage cheese is perfect for you if you miss the texture of regular cottage cheese and use it in similar ways.
Use it as a dip for veggies or with fresh strawberries. My favorite way to use it is on bread though with lots of fresh herbs.
I didn’t use nearly as much fresh herbs in these pictures as I actually like adding. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have actually gotten to see the vegan cottage cheese. That would have been a shame :/
Adding a sprinkle of fresh cracked pepper on top also does wonders!
Play around with which herbs you like the best. I found parsley and chives to be my favorite but sometimes I also like adding some diced red onion. Yum-O!
What’s your favorite way to use vegan cottage cheese? Or what was your favorite way to eat cottage cheese before going vegan? Let me know below in the comments :)
Vegan Cottage Cheese
- 12.3 Ounces 350g Organic Silken Tofu
- Crumble up silken tofu with your fingers or fork until lumpy. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cashews, almond milk, vinegar, nutritional yeast and salt until smooth to make sauce.
- Gently mix cashew sauce with tofu. Top with fresh herbs of choice and serve with veggies, fruit, or on bread.
- Store in an airtight container in fridge and eat within 4 days.