Hi, I’m Maria from over at Creative Vegan Cooking, a blog dedicated to showing how delicious and fun healthy food can be! I would like to thank Vanessa for letting me guest post on her blog. Vegan Family Recipes is one of my favorite blogs – a down-to-earth and practical implementation of the vegan diet. I first discovered Vanessa’s blog because she started commenting on my posts, and when I clicked the link in the comment, I saw mutual ground and the potential for a blogging friendship. Now, we are chit-chatting back and forth, commenting on each others blog posts!
Curried Lentil-Potato Stew
Yield 2 to 4 servings
- 4 c. peeled diced potatoes
- 1/2 c. red lentils
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh or frozen parsley
- 2 Tbsp. creamy old-fashioned peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. paprika, optional
- Simmer potatoes, lentils, onion, garlic, water, curry, and salt without lid till potatoes are tender and water has evaporated, about 30 min. Stir a few times while cooking, and add more water if needed.
- When potatoes are tender, add bell pepper, parsley, and peanut butter. Stir well to cream stew. Season with paprika if desired.
- Serve warm. Good with bread.